2 South Avenue, Mount Merrion, County Dublin
2 South Avenue, Mount Merrion, County Dublin
For Sale by Private Treaty
2 South Avenue,
Janet Carroll is delighted to welcome you to No. 2 South Avenue, Mount Merrion, for sale by private treaty. Originally built c. 1940, this stunning 4 bedrooms with office/storage, semi-detached property has recently been extensively renovated while maintaining many of its beautiful original features. Offering spacious and versatile accommodation this energy efficient property makes excellent use of light and space throughout.
The bright and airy interior has been professionally designed by award winning interior designer Tara Kenny using a timeless boutique style and features classic wood panelling in the entrance hall and stairwell, herring and bone lime washed solid oak flooring, hand painted in-frame kitchen, Villeroy and Boch bathroom fittings and ambient lighting to name but a few.
To the rear is a professionally landscaped garden and patio which provides an extended living area accessed through large double sliding doors from the kitchen, perfect for summer barbeques and entertaining. The property is surrounded by laurel hedging which will mature and give total seclusion if desired and is accessed through electric gates making front and rear gardens private and secure. Ample storage and parking make this property wonderfully convenient.
The location needs little introduction and is recognised as one of Dublin's most desirable residential settings. South Avenue is just a short stroll from a selection of excellent local shops with bijou cafes and eateries. Also within easy reach is the much acclaimed Dundrum Town Centre as well as Stillorgan and Frascati shopping centres. Deer Park and Deer Park tennis club and bridge clubs are on the doorstep. Further enhancing the location is the selection of much sought after junior and secondary schools and colleges including Scoil San Teresa, Mount Anville, Willow Park, St Andrew's, Blackrock and Oatlands College and not forgetting UCD Belfield.
This superb home is in turn-key condition making it a perfect choice for those seeking an outstanding residence ready for immediate occupation.
- Fully refurbished and extended using intelligent design maximising floor space
- circa 161 sqm / 1733 sqft
- Highly efficient B3 rated BER with high insulation values, multi zoned climate and water control powered by an efficient Worcester gas boiler with digital room stats
- Carlson double glazed windows and external doors
- Spacious open plan dining/kitchen area with interconnecting double sliding doors to living room with high ceilings
- Recessed wood burner's (can take multi fuel) fitted in living and dining area
- High quality in-frame hand painted kitchen with large island unit containing ample shelving
- Quality integrated appliances includes steam oven, micro wave oven, large induction hob, FF and dishwasher
- Solid herring and bone lime washed oak flooring through-out ground floor and quality velvet carpet fitted through-out all bedrooms and stairwell
- Quality recessed speakers fitted in living room and kitchen/dining room
- Storage area for TV and audio controls wired throughout house allowing for Wi-Fi boosters if required
- Stylish bathrooms with walk in rain showers, fully pressurised system, Villeroy and Boch tiling and sanity ware and ambient LED lighting
- LED lighting throughout and ambient garden lighting
- Laurel hedging surround's the property which will mature giving total seclusion if desired, access from electric gates
- Monitored phone watch Security Alarm system fitted with GPS connection CCTV and monitor with 30 day record
- Professionally landscaped gardens with patio area ideal for BBQs and entertaining
- Rain water harvesting system installed
- HD Video intercom system on ground and first floor with control to electric gates
- Large garage/ utility area/ mud room with built in units and plumbed for washer and dryer with double doors to front garden leading to rear garden
- Off street parking for 3 vehicles
Porch: c. 3.70m x 3.51m
With original stone flooring and slatted timber painted ceiling.
Entrance Hall: c. 2.21m x 1.90m
Stairs in the hall leading to the first floor, feature boutique styled panelled walls and Herring and bone oak flooring. A large frosted window on the landing provides a source of natural light leading to the upper landing. Quality velvet carpet runner on stairwell.
Villeroy and Boch tiling, concealed cistern and wall hung basin with attractive porthole window and towel rad.
Living Room: c. 3.88m x 3.63m
Herring and bone oak flooring, wood burning stove, a large window with made to measure attractive curtains and interconnecting double doors to the kitchen.
Kitchen / Dining Room: c. 3.63m x 7.52m
Luxurious in frame hand painted kitchen with oak interior and large island unit with stone and oak work top. Quality appliances include steam oven, microwave oven, large induction hob with built in timer, integrated frost free fridge freezer, dishwasher and bin area. Large floor to ceiling sliding doors lead out to a wonderful landscaped garden and patio area that feels part of the kitchen and dining area.
Herring and bone oak flooring, feature floor to ceiling window flood the area with natural light looking onto landscaped patio and garden. A Stanley recessed wood burner and spacious floor area make this ideal for entertaining.
Utility Room: c. 1.93m x 4.10m
Unique architects design with built in hand painted units housing washing machine, dryer with laundry baskets under, and lots of storage.
Play Room / Home Office: c. 1.95m x 5.36m
A key need now in most households. This separate large space may be used as a quiet home office or safe childrens playroom.
Landing: c. 4.79m x 1.90m
Bathroom: c. 3.53m x 1.97m
Spacious and luxurious with large walk in rain shower. Villeroy and Boch tiling and sanitary ware. Under floor heating and large towel radiator. Large feature mirror with ambient LED concealed lighting.
Bedroom 1: c. 3.76m x 3.80m
Floor to ceiling built in hand painted wardrobes with oak interior and built in drawer units. Quality velvet carpet, recessed LED lighting, large window with luxurious curtains and panelled wall at bed head.
Bedroom 2: c. 3.76m x 3.14m
Built in hand painted wardrobes with oak interior and built in drawer units. Feature wall paper, quality velvet carpet, recessed LED lighting.
Bedroom 3: c. 2.74m x 2.32m
Quality velvet carpets, curtains and recessed LED lighting.
Bedroom 4: c. 3.76m x 2.22m
Built in hand painted wardrobe with oak interior. Quality velvet carpet, recessed LED lighting.
Attic Room: c. 3.55m x 3.21m
Hand painted wardrobes with oak interior. Quality velvet carpet, recessed LED lighting.
Well-proportioned room with lots of natural light from twin skylights. Lots of storage.
En-Suite: c. 2.40m x 2.20m
Walk in rain shower with Villeroy and Boch tiling and sanitary ware. Stainless steel towel rail. Eaves storage. Natural light with skylight.
BER Number: 107467656
Energy Performance Indicator: 138.14 kWh/m²/yr
There is ample parking at the front driveway. Double doors for the garage lead into the rear garden.
The professionally designed gardens are a significant feature of this home. The surrounding laurel hedging will mature and with electric gates will give complete shelter and privacy as the attractive rear garden matures into a colourful summer garden featuring twin patios with ambient LED lighting and barbeque area with heated outdoor lamp. A rain water harvesting system is fitted to help reduce water bills.
Google search Eircode A94 D9C9 from your current location.
By appointment with Janet Carroll, by email email@example.com or by mobile 087 400 2020
Offer is to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Janet Carroll Estate Agents for themselves and for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that: - (i) The particulars are set out as a general outline for the guidance of intending purchasers or lessees, and do not constitute part of, an offer or contract. (ii) All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and any other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers or tenants should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them. (iii) No person in the employment of Janet Carroll Estate Agents has any authority to make or give any representations or warranty whatever in relation to this property.
PSRA Licence Number: 003434
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.