Apt 1A, 27 Idrone Terrace, Blackrock, Co. Dublin, A94 TF34
Apt 1A, 27 Idrone Terrace, Blackrock, Co. Dublin, A94 TF34
Janet Carroll is delighted to present a delightful bright period apartment c.78.98 sqm/850 sqft on the seafront to the market. As we are based in the centre of Blackrock we relish the opportunity to represent such a special local property. This apartment is beautifully situated on the historic Idrone Terrace. There are 27 houses on this road, all of which add a sense of character to a village that has always epitomised the South Dublin lifestyle.
This is particularly special as it is an own-door property for private access and is surrounded by the well maintained communal garden. It is very nicely designed with a large living room, two double bedrooms and a very fresh bathroom. A superb heat recovery system that regulates the moisture in the air to keep it dry but fresh is a fantastic addition.
• Period listed building
• Unrivalled residential location with many amenities close by including Educo Gym, seafront walks and bathing areas
• Literally on the DART line 3-minute stroll of Blackrock Park through the pedestrian entrance by the DART, ideal for runners
• New bicycle lanes to Dun Laoghaire, UCD and the city
• BER exempt
• Heat Recovery System
• On the seafront, sheltered by the well- maintained communal garden
• Close to the newly refurbished Blackrock Carnagey Library and College of Further Education
• Private access through own hall door
• Management fee €600 per annum (last year)
• One of only 6 exclusive units mostly owner-occupied apartments
• Close to DART and QBC
• Stroll of R.C church and a short walk to Anglican Church on Carysfort Avenue
• On the doorstep of two select shopping centres
• Stroll of coffee shops and a growing amount of new restaurants in Blackrock
• Close to a choice of Doctors' surgeries, dentists, beauty salons, hairdressers, choice of takeout food outlets and great selection of pubs
Utility: 1.89m x 2.20m
Upon entering the property there is a beautifully tiled yet functional utility room complete with wooden-finish counter. A Hotpoint washer and Powerpoint dryer complete this space nicely. This is also separated by a glass panel door to the living room.
Living Room / Dining Area: 5.30m x 2.00m
There is an immediate sense of warmth on entering the sitting room. It has an electric fireplace that creates a comfort feeling. This room faces west, and like most of the property has a beautiful window that adds additional light. There is also space for a dining table to entertain.
Kitchen: 1.89m x 3.12m
A lovely feature that is apparent upon entry is the open-style kitchen that adds to the overall space of the property. It is recently refurbished and has a tile finished floor, wooden trim counter and beautifully fitted cabinets and appliances to include dishwasher, Cata oven and Zanussi fridge freezer. A practical yet stylish stainless steel extractor fan means this area was well thought out for everyday living.
Master Bedroom: 4.53m x 4.60m
This room is well proportioned and has plenty of space. Fitted wardrobes allow the rest of the room to be utilised to its fullest. Once again, a large window beckons the seaside light from outside which freshens the room wonderfully. A glass partition at the top of the wall allows the light from the hall to warm the atmosphere in the room nicely, especially in the evenings.
Bedroom 2: 2.20m x 5.04m
First and foremost is a large, welcoming bay window that brightens this well set bedroom. Fitted wardrobes and great depth mean this room is a great space for either a second bedroom or a large office. The centrepiece is most assuredly the window that is simply unique, inviting natural light into this seaside residence.
Bathroom: 2.10m x 2.40m
This property is designed to optimise space and having the one bathroom has meant a well-sized room complete with tiled floors, wash hand basin and bath/shower.
HEAT RECOVERY SYSTEM INFORMATION
Depending on the model, HRVs can recover up to 85 percent of the heat in the outgoing airstream, making these ventilators a lot easier on your budget than opening a few windows. And, an HRV contains filters that keep particulates such as pollen or dust from entering the house.
The Benefits of Heat Recovery Ventilation?
1. Your home will have a constant supply of fresh air with higher comfort levels.
2. Overall air quality within the house is significantly increased which is of benefit to all occupants especially Asthma & Hay Fever sufferers.
3. No condensation.
4. No fungal growth in bathrooms.
5. Fresh smelling bathrooms (air is constantly being changed no need for air freshener).
6. Less dust (windows are kept closed and all air in to house is filtered) less spiders as they feed on dust mites.
7. Extra security (windows closed no need to part guard alarm).
8. Quieter house less outside noise as windows are kept closed.
9. Lower heating bills.
10. Wake up feeling refreshed instead of groggy (due to lack of oxygen).
The property enjoys the use of a communal garden. On street permit parking. A minute's walk to the centre of the village which has a great choice of supermarkets, cafes, restaurants and pubs. On the main bus routes for swift access to the city, hospitals and the airport. Idrone Terrace benefits from a central location with access to boutique shopping, cafes and public transport whilst still maintaining an uninterrupted view of the coast. This type of property does not come to market very often. The area is steeped in history and has carved out a niche way of living / lifestyle for the residents since 1860. Fresh air and beautiful views are only surpassed by the beautiful layout of the apartment itself.
Management fee: €600 per annum (Previous year)
By appointment with Janet Carroll at 087 4002020 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
From the centre of Blackrock Village walk towards the DART. Number 27 is the first period house on Idrone Terrace.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.