Oreen, 37 Green Road, Blackrock, Co. Dublin, A94 W1Y9
Oreen, 37 Green Road, Blackrock, Co. Dublin, A94 W1Y9
Janet Carroll is pleased to offer "Oreen" 37 Green Road, (formerly known as Victoria Place, Sydney Avenue) for sale by Private Treaty. Built in 1912, this salubrious residential area experienced a property boom due to the arrival of the Blackrock Railway Station 1931, which links Blackrock to Dublin city centre and Dun Laoghaire. Situated just off Waltham Terrace, "Oreen" was completed in a time of civil unrest, 4 years before the 1916 rising. This is the first time this residence has been offered for sale since it was built. There are only six houses listed on Green Road in the census of 1911.
One of the special features of this lovely home is its c. 93ft/28.3m long rear garden which is joined to the Bowling and Tennis Club (1906) by a low granite wall. This property enjoys exquisite open skyline, overlooking the bowling green on, 'an area of one acre, two roods & four perches of land.'
The property has never been extended and is not listed. Presented in lovely condition throughout, with many of its period features intact, it would lend itself to development, subject to planning permission, should one desire a larger home.
Within a leisurely stroll of a wide choice of schools, UCD Smurfit College campus, Blackrock village life with a library, churches, recently extended shopping centres, DART to TCD and city centre, extensive bus routes, nearby Sailing Clubs, parks, sea front, boutiques, shops, cafés and restaurants.
Viewing of this very special home is highly recommended.
• In the same family ownership since 1912
• C. 193.3sqm/2,081sqft
• Period property (not listed)
• Superb rear garden c. 93ft/28.3m in length
• Red brick building with granite window sills
• Period features throughout
• Gas fired central heating
• Reroof and updated electric wiring
• Development potential subject to planning permission
• Overlooks the tennis club and bowling club
• Montessori/Creche on the neighbouring road
• Stroll of Blackrock College and St. Andrews International school
• Superb low density mature residential location
• Close to a host of prestigious schools and child care facilities
• Close to a host of amenities including sailing clubs and gyms
• 5-minute stroll to the Blackrock DART Station
• Stroll to Blackrock Village
• QBC (Routes 4, 7, 17 and 46A)
• Nearby Aircoach stops to Dublin Airport
• Carysfort National School (around the corner)
• Booterstown National School
• Willow Park Junior School
• Blackrock College
• Dominican College Sion Hill
• St. Andrew's International School
• Hollypark National School
• Scoil Lorcáin
• CBC Monkstown
• Coláiste Íosagáin and Coláiste Eoin
• Lycée Français d'Irlande International School
• Choice of crèches and Montessori schools
• Cycle lanes to UCD, direct bus to DCU & DART to Trinity College
Entrance Hall: c. 2.00m x 8.83m
This is a wonderful bright space that starts the journey into number 37 on a lovely note. A warm welcome to this family home. Fitted carpet, stained glass windows with ceiling coving and roses.
Drawing Room: c. 5.45m x 3.78m
There is an original ceiling rose with period coving. An original 1912 fireplace set in cast iron with gas inset. Stained glass is set on the upper border of the front window and one can imagine the colours bouncing against the glow of the gas fire on a cold evening after a long day.
Sitting Room: c. 4.38m x 4.90m
A bay window beckons light inside and balances the space well. Fitted carpet, cast iron original fireplace with mantel. Picture rails. Sliding doors leading to dining room.
Dining Room: c. 4.40m x 3.77m
The sliding doors add for tremendous versatility as you could have an open space when entertaining or closed for more intimate get togethers. Period coving, cast iron fireplace originating from 1912 with an original tiled surround. A beautifully set window frames the rear garden, a live painting of nature that is everchanging with the seasons. Wooden floor provides a welcoming hue to the room and is complimented by the fire.
Inner Hall: c. 2.43m x 1.13m
Understairs storage with access to space under the house. Original tiling on the floor and door to the rear garden.
Wet room: c. 2.10m x 2.34m
W/c, wash hand basin, shower tray with Triton electric shower.
Kitchen: c. 3.61m x 4.00m
One can sense this kitchen is full of memories. Many a family dinner has been enjoyed in this space and the current owners love of baking. The window is perfectly set to look out into the garden which overlooks the bowling green behind. There is a clever L shaped arrangement to the kitchen which has created a work station for both storage and practical use. Pine ceiling, Zanussi dishwasher, double drainer stainless steel sink, double gas oven and stainless steel extractor fan.
Landing: c. 6.75m x 3.11m (Max)
There is a storage press on the landing that houses the hotpress.
Bedroom 4: c. 3.84m x 3.12m
Fitted carpet, fireplace, window to the rear. A lovely feature of a period style home is the fireplace which is heralding a time gone by but adds a sense of soul to the house.
Bathroom: c. 2.14m x 2.46m
Exposed wooden floor, cast iron bath with shower attachment, sink.
W/C: c. 2.49m x 0.87m
On the Return
Bedroom 1: c. 5.46m x 3.78m
Fitted carpet, cast iron fireplace with tiled surround. Double windows.
Bedroom 2: c. 3.93m x 4.42m
Double windows, ceiling coving, fitted carpet and a cast iron fireplace. Ceiling height of c. 2.76m.
Bedroom 3: c. 4.42m x 3.73m
Cast iron fireplace, coving, glorious view of the rear garden and bowling green. Original exposed wooden floor.
To the front there is plenty of on street permit parking which allows residents to park on certain roads near the village as well (local signage displays where permits are valid). There is mature planting and a beautiful tree that blossoms in the Spring. To the rear there is a garden that measures circa 93ft/28.3m long and 40ft wide. This overlooks the lawn and tennis club and makes for a calming setting. A mature lawn, planting and shrubbery that have been well cared for by the current keepers make this a relaxing space to be. There is external storage as well and a gardeners' w/c (not in use). This rear garden is what makes this road so very special. The view of greenery is complimented by a tapestry of views of nearby Waltham Terrace, serving only to enhance this special residence.
Proceed up Mount Merrion Avenue from the Rock Road or Frascati Road. After the next traffic light, turn left onto Waltham Terrace (across Butler's Pantry). Turn left onto Green Road. The property is on the left.
BER No: 110841087
Energy Performance Indicator: 371.85 kWh/m²/yr
By appointment with Janet Carroll 087 4002020 or 01 2882020 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
BLACKROCK BOWLING AND TENNIS CLUB
• Senior Bowling €320 p.a. (€20 disc. for over 65's)
• Introductory Bowling Membership Offer: €180 p.a. (Includes €70 bar voucher)
• Senior Tennis €345 p.a. (€20 disc. for over 65's)
• Junior Tennis: €50 p.a. (with a senior member)
• Junior Tennis: €110 p.a. (Over 14's without a senior member)
• Intermediate (18-25yrs) Tennis: €110 p.a. (€60 disc. for students)
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.