Woodview House, 24 Avoca Road, Blackrock, County Dublin
Woodview House, 24 Avoca Road, Blackrock, County Dublin
For Sale By Private Treaty
24 Avoca Road,
Janet Carroll Estate agents are delighted to offer this very impressive detached family home for sale by private treaty. This beautiful home built in 1964, has many special features including 4 spacious double bedrooms and cosy fireplace no longer a feature in a modern new build. The property c.2,050 sqft / 191 sqm has been very well maintained and enjoys an elevated sunny prime site in Blackrock. An additional feature is a wide side access, and a bespoke office with a separate entrance, a feature difficult to find in this mature Blackrock location.
The laneway to the side opens up many possibilities for both the home and the office. The current office might suit a medic for example, or for use as an ideal playroom or home study. The orientation of the rear garden is perfect for maximizing the sun and light.
Spoilt for choice, just a 10-minute walk to the N11 for the QBC, for speedy access to Dublin City, UCD, and St. Vincent’s Hospital or walk 10 minutes to Blackrock village and the seafront for the DART. There is even a bus to DCU and the Aircoach stop close by. Close to shopping centres in Blackrock, Stillorgan and only a short drive to Dundrum town centre. Surrounded by all the amenities one would desire from tennis clubs, pitch and putt course, a swimming pool, Montessori/nursery schools with after school care facilities. Carysfort medical centre is close by and Blackrock Clinic is a short drive away.
This property is central to a host of amenities for a great lifestyle. This mature area is unrivalled with so many options on the doorstep. Whether it be feeding the ducks, picnicking or playing in the playground in the local park this area nurtures activity and curiosity. It is also a very short walk to Carysfort National School and the Church of Ireland national school on Carysfort Avenue. Most of the premier secondary schools are within walking distance as is the UCD Smurfit Business College.
Viewing of this exceptional property is not to be missed.
– Impressive detached property on elevated site
– Mature low density on a premier residential road in Blackrock
– Gated wide private laneway plus large front cobble driveway
– Superb home office with separate access
– Four double bedrooms/3 bathrooms
– Gas fired central heating/storage heaters in the office
– Solar Panels provide abundant hot water
– South facing rear garden
– Off street parking for many cars
– Turnkey condition throughout
– Possible infill potential subject to planning permission
– Private lane ideal to store a boat or several cars
– Stroll of all the premier schools and amenities
– Prime residential area with superb choice of amenities within walking distance
– Landscaped sunny rear garden with paved patio areas
– Gas fired central heating
– Sale includes listed kitchen appliances, blinds and fitted carpets
– Not overlooked
– Quiet mature residential location
– No management fees
– Blackrock DART station only 10 minutes’ walk away
– Cycle routes to many locations, schools, Village, UCD and Dublin City
– Close to the sea front, superb coastal and park walks
– Carysfort Park & Blackrock Park close by
– A short walk to Carraig Tennis Club and Blackrock Bowling & Tennis Club
– Short walk to the N11 with the QBC (Quick Bus Corridor)
– Air Coach stop to Dublin Airport close by
– Choice of two recently upgraded shopping centres
– A selection of boutiques and shops in Blackrock Village
– Recently refurbished Carnegie library
– Newly refurbished Blackrock College of Further Education (BFEI)
– On the DART to Trinity, cycle to UCD or local bus to DCU
– Carysfort, Holly Park and all Saints National Schools
– Saint Augustine’s School
– Willow Park Junior School & Blackrock College
– Dominican College Sion Hill
– St. Andrew’s International School
– Scoil Lorcáin, Coláiste Íosagáin and Coláiste Eoin
– Choice of crèches and Montessori schools
– Educate Together Secondary School promised for Blackrock
Entrance Hall: c. 5.034m x 2.20m
Bright spacious hall with fitted carpet and recessed lighting. Under stairs store room.
Wash hand basin, WC. Door that links to the office.
Living Room/Dining Room c. 8.52m x 3.67m
Dual aspect. Views of the front and the rear garden. Fitted carpet. Le Droff style raised fireplace with gas fire inset. Double patio doors open to the rear garden. Recessed lighting.
Kitchen/Breakfast Room: c. 4.60m x 6.26m (max)
This room is bright and spacious and benefits from the ideal orientation overlooking the landscaped rear garden. Perfect COOK’S kitchen with lots of work top space. stylish Arco fitted wall and floor units. . Bosch/Schott Ceran induction hob.
Whirlpool Extractor fan, Stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Siemens Dishwasher. Zanussi Fridge Freezer. Bosch double oven.
Door to the pantry.
Pantry: Ideal pantry/laundry room with storage. Candy fridge/freezer. Bosh washing machine. Fitted wall units. Door to the rear garden.
Office 5.34m x 5.40m
Superb spacious bespoke office suitable for more than one employee. Semi separated in to two areas. Door to the front of the property. Door to the WC. Access to the kitchen/breakfast room.
Bedroom 1: c. 5.34m x 4.10m
Large double with built in wardrobe. Fitted carpet. Door to
En Suite shower room:
Walk in shower with Mira power shower attachment. WC, wash hand basin, Fitted vanity mirror.
Bedroom 2: c. 2.96m x 3.08m
Fitted carpet. Fitted wardrobes. Recessed lighting
Bathroom: c. 1.88m x 2.53m
Spacious. Tiled walls. Bath with shower attachment., WC and wash hand basin. Fitted vanity unit.
Bedroom 3: c. 3.98m x 3.67m
Fitted carpet. Built in wardrobes, dressing table and drawers. Recessed lighting.
Bedroom 4: 4.32m x 3.67m
Large double bedroom with ensuite. Recessed lighting. Overlooking a green area of the front garden. .
En Suite: 2.62m x 2.20m
Grey suite. Fitted vanity unit. Bath with shower fitted Mira shower. WC, wash hand basin
To the front there is off street parking for a number of cars, with plenty of parking on the street outside too. Mature shrubs and a hedge provide for great privacy. The front is not overlooked.
A fence divides the rear south private garden and side lane, which is simply divine! There are three areas in the garden design for enjoying out door dining. The property is elevated so the garden is lower giving it a great sense of privacy.
BER No: 104077961
Energy Performance Indicator: 214.83 kWh/m²/yr
A short stroll from Blackrock Village.
By appointment with Janet Carroll at 087 400 2020 / 01 2882020 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any offer is to be sent in writing to email@example.com
Janet Carroll Estate Agents for themselves and for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that:- (i) The particulars are set out as a general outline for the guidance of intending purchasers or lessees, and do not constitute part of, an offer or contract. (ii) All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and any other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers or tenants should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them. (iii) No person in the employment of Janet Carroll Estate Agents has any authority to make or give any representations or warranty whatever in relation to this property.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.