74 Mount Merrion Avenue, Blackrock, Co.Dublin, A94 A628
74 Mount Merrion Avenue, Blackrock, Co.Dublin, A94 A628
Janet Carroll Estate Agents are delighted to present number 74 Mount Merrion Avenue for sale by Private Treaty. This 4-bedroom detached residence measures circa 1798 sqft/167 m and is in a super prime location that provides quite simply, the most amazing lifestyle one can imagine. Not only this but it also enjoys a sought-after South facing garden which will no doubt appeal to many.
This home has been thoroughly enjoyed by a lovely family for nearly 20 years and the house has the perfect balance of being both central and private. A short walk up or down Mount Merrion Avenue and you have a host of buses at your disposal as well as the DART in the village nearby. The aircoach also passes by.
Blackrock is such a coveted location for several reasons. Not only are there some of the best schools on your doorstep that cater for Montessori to third level education but also amenities, transport links and the wonderful village itself in a location that continues to impress.
This property has tremendous scope to extend, subject to planning and has a supremely private rear garden that benefits from mature trees and hedging that works to perfection.
Viewing is highly recommended.
• Super prime location in south county Dublin
• Detached residence set behind electric gates
• Fabulous South facing privately set rear garden
• 4 bedrooms
• C. 1798 sqft/ 167 sqm
• Double glazing
• Gas fired central heating
• Stonemason hand cut gate pillars
• Superb potential to extend subject to planning
• Close to a host of top educational institutions
• Short walk to nearby Blackrock village
• Fantastic choice of bus routes at the top and bottom of the avenue
• DART in the village nearby
• Every possible amenity on your doorstep
• Blackrock DART station only 10 minutes' walk away
• Close to the sea front, superb coastal walks
• Blackrock Park and Carysfort Park near by
• A short walk to both Carraig Tennis Club and Blackrock Bowling & Tennis Club
• Close to the N11 and swift access to the M50
• Air Coach stop to Dublin Airport close by
• Choice of two shopping centres
• A selection of boutiques and shops in Blackrock Village
• Recently refurbished Carnegie library
• Newly refurbished Blackrock College of Further Education (BFEI)
• On the DART to Trinity, cycle to UCD or local bus to DCU
• Carysfort National School
• Booterstown National School
• Willow Park Junior School
• Blackrock College
• Dominican College Sion Hill
• St. Andrew's International School
• Hollypark National School
• Scoil Lorcáin
• Coláiste Íosagáin and Coláiste Eoin
• Lycée Français d'Irlande International School
• Choice of crèches and Montessori schools
Entrance Hall: c. 6.92m x 1.46m
Stained glass windows provide a classic warm welcome to number 74. Fitted carpet.
Study/Den/Playroom: c. 4.24m x 5.55m (max)
Window to the front, fitted carpet, door to the rear courtyard. This is a great asset to a family home as it provides an additional room that adapts to a family's needs. This means that it could be used as a playroom, music room or study as required.
Sitting Room: c. 4.19m x 4.14m
Exposed wooden floor, open plan layout between living and dining room with potential to separate should one wish. At present it works very well for family occasions. Glass sliding door to the rear South facing garden. Open fireplace, dual aspect light and feature bay window.
Dining Room: c. 3.77m x 4.38m (max)
Set to the front. The wooden floor provides continuity between the two rooms. Fireplace with wooden mantel.
Kitchen: c. 3.96m x 3.06m
This space is perfectly set to the rear of the home and has an incredible warmth to it. One can sense many a meal has been enjoyed here with both family and friends alike. Tiled floor, plenty of wall and floor units for the budding cooks in the home. Shaker style design. Stainless steel sink and tiled splashback.
Sun Room: c. 3.96m x 3.79m
A wooden panelled ceiling softens the room. The orientation of the garden as well as dual skylights are perfect to maximise light and space. A tiled floor is practical and hard wearing. Wrap around windows are fantastic for framing the privately set garden.
Bathroom: c. 3.20m x 1.58m
Exposed wooden floor, wash hand basin with cabinet underneath. Panelling along the walls and bath provide for a rustic finish to the room. Bath, partly tiled walls, w/c, 2 windows.
Bedroom 1 (Main): c. 4.38m x 4.55m (max)
Fitted carpet, twin built in wardrobes, feature bay window provides natural light.
Bedroom 2: c. 3.96m x 3.11m
Laminate floor, window to the front.
Bedroom 3: c. 4.13m x 3.22m
Fitted carpet, window overlooking the garden.
Bedroom 4: c. 3.27m x 2.20m
Fitted carpet, window to the rear.
To the front, the house is set back from the road behind electric gates. This home, although in a super prime location has off street parking for circa 5 cars which is a tremendous asset in Blackrock. There is side access to the rear garden as well as an additional door to the rear courtyard area. To the rear there is an external utility space that frees up space within the house and measures circa 2.27m x 1.62m. The rear garden has an enviable south facing orientation that so many long for, but few attain. Mature trees, hedging and planting would lead one to believe they were in a country style setting as opposed to one of South County Dublin's most prominent addresses. There is plenty of scope to extend subject to planning which would only enhance this residence further.
BER No: 111406328
Energy Performance Indicator: 336.15 kWh/m2/yr
By appointment with Janet Carroll at 087 400 2020 / 01 2882020 or Email: email@example.com
Offer is to be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.