COVID-19 Level 5 Restrictions currently in place for Estate Agents
It is very clear that the COVID-19 situation in January 2021 is far more serious than it was prior to our Christmas break. It is therefore important that we ensure your and our safety by strictly adhering to and abiding by all “HSE Guidelines” and the ‘Joint Sector Protocol for Property Services Providers’ when providing a property or valuation service to the public.
The Government has currently categorised Property Services Providers as an Essential Service. This status is subject to change. We all know the vaccine is currently being rolled out, but it will take time, so during this period it is even more important to stay safe and protect each other.
Current Level 5 Guidance for Janet Carroll Estate Agents is as follows;
- Our oﬃce will be closed to the public.
- Our Agents and Staff will work remotely, attendance at the office only where necessary to facilitate provision of services.
- At commencement of engagement by our Clients, we may view the property to be placed on the market for sale and arrange for BER certification and any other professional services.
- Viewings of properties by the public is permitted by appointment only where;
- Confirmation is provided of (a) proof of funds (b) property previously viewed online.
- Time restricted appointments with sufficient time allowed between appointments to avoid any potential cross over of viewers.
- Viewings by one party of two people from the same household, at the same time, is only permitted.
- Every viewer must complete the Online Mandatory Viewing Registration Form on our website before attending a viewing.
- Engagement of the services of Valuers, Surveyors and other required professionals to progress the sale is permitted in the following circumstances:
- Properties are sale agreed.
- Contract for sale signed subject to conditions.
- Valuations required by banks or solicitors pertaining to essential services.
- Emergency circumstances.
- Properties must be unoccupied at the time of appointment.
Thank you for your understanding during these unprecedented times.
Keep well and stay safe,